Friday, July 29, 2011

Beginnings, Endings, Beginnings...

100/100

So here it is - 100 out of 100. Goal? Met. Do I feel healthier? Yes, I suppose I do. Am I fifty pounds thinner? Alas... not so much. I am not sure being 'thinner' was ever my goal but I do feel like I have come through a difficult year stronger and more sure of myself. So I count the first 100 blogs a 'win'. People have told me they have enjoyed reading it and that means a lot to me, but really, the thing that makes me most happy is how much I have enjoyed writing it. I am glad that people read and respond to what I write, but the willingness to write and process what it means to me to be healthy has been incredible. It took me about one year to write 100 blogs... I started Aug. 16 2010. I'm both anxious and excited about the upcoming year and what's ahead in my life, in this blog and in the new one I am starting (more about that in a bit)...

I've decided to make a top five list of my favorite blog posts from the 100. Perhaps in the comments you can list some of your favorite? Then? Let's talk about the future :).

5. The blog where I realize I like myself:  http://mkweighout.blogspot.com/2011/06/well-who-is-that-lovely-lady-94100.html even though I feel like my life has gotten more complicated lately, I realize this understanding of who I am is still my center.

4. My second blog post about feeling like the little lunch boxes I was using wasn't enough food: http://mkweighout.blogspot.com/2010/08/lunch-lessons-2100-if-i-had-written.html it was really eye opening to me.

3. My thoughts on 'home': http://mkweighout.blogspot.com/2010/12/home-again-home-again-jiggedy-jig-64100.html although people didn't leave comments on my blog, they left a lot of comments on my facebook page. This idea of what 'home' means to me and to others really touched a lot of people. I never know what topics I write about will mean something to others... I was really surprised about this one, but pleasantly so.

2. My letter to my goddaughter: http://mkweighout.blogspot.com/2010/09/letter-to-my-goddaughter.html
I loved this entry, I loved writing it and remember what it was like when I learned Santa wasn't real...

1.  My very first blog: http://mkweighout.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-took-me-three-days-to-try-to-find_16.html  I was so nervous and worried no one would want to read it. And I would run out of things to say... clearly neither of those things happened, but I like the enthusiasm and humor of the first blog post.

Now? What's next. First, I plan on continuing this blog. I will likely start it back up full time in September. In August, I will be writing in a new blog called Open Road: Open Heart -  http://openroadopenheart.blogspot.com/
This will be the story of what my best friend, her two kids, her cousin and I do on our big "ROAD TRIP" this summer. This trip is especially important because it is time together we may not have again.

Some people have asked me if they can 'donate' to the trip this summer. At first I balked at the idea, but as the expenses for all of us to go, plus gas and wanting to go to the parks and and and add up, I realized if people wanted to feel part of the party, I should put away my pride and create a link. If you'd like to donate? Wonderful. If you can't and just want to donate prayers and even ideas, you can leave them on the new blog.

https://www.wepay.com/x175ggd/donate/123379



It has been a wonderful journey for the first 100 entries. I'm looking very much forward to the next 100. Much love to all of you!

Peace,

MaryKate

2 comments:

Where's the "off" switch? said...

You have made me laugh, cry, think and feel very lucky to know you sweetheart. The first 100 have been inspirational and I can't wait for next 100!

As for your new blog? Well, I am gonna be there every step of the way, sharing prayers and hopes and thoughts as you travel through not just the country, but to a much greater and deeply moving destination.

Much love to you, MaryKate....always in my heart and thoughts.

MaryKate said...

Awww <3 So sad you are so far away! :(. but super happy *you* are so happy in your life! I'm going to make it across the pond one of these days! darn it! *laughter* lovelovelove you.

MK