Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Achoooo

9/100

*groan* It pains me to admit I am getting a cold. Runny nose... sniffles... I started sneezing when I got home and last night at 2am I woke up with a horrific headache. Plus, all day today? I've felt like crying. Soooo, as much as I would normally fight this feeling and deny deny deny, this time? I may have to relent and just accept that my body has to process through this and maybe I could try partnering with it instead of putting on my war gear.

My colds start first in my back (which also currently hurts). I very seldom get sick, and when I do? It is usually some huge stress release hitting me full force. As I am working through emotional and physical purification I'm not surprised my body is working out toxins - there are a lot of them.

Feeling sick does NOT compute in my world. I don't have TIME to get a cold. And when I do, I end up trying to fight being sick. It's ME against my body. And damn it? I WILL win. It's as if getting a cold is some sort of defeat. Some shame. Some horrible failure of my body to stay healthy. I used to think that my 'energy' was out of alignment and that my chi was out of sorts and that's why I got sick. Because I wasn't 'mentally' clear.

meh. Now? I'm no longer willing to enter into a war with my body or blame my 'energy'. If I have a cold? It's because I put my hands in my mouth to chew a cuticle and ended up getting germs that caused my sniffles, back ache, head ache and watery eyes. I don't doubt right now I was more 'susceptible ' to a cold because I just traveled a lot, I haven't adjusted quite yet to a new sleep schedule, I *still* haven't unpacked my house, just had to move my office, school starts next week and I haven't planned my creative writing class. And? I'm working on my 'pile of pedestal debris'... so there's a lot goin' on in my body.

This cold? Is not a good reason to enter into a war with my body. This cold? Is a good reason to relax. To honor my body needing to process through the toxins. To support my body in a healthy way to work through this by hydrating, taking some vitamins and listening to my body tell me to go to bed early and nurturing myself back to health.

This leads me to think about other areas in my life that I push myself to rush through instead of nurturing myself and allowing my body to work through my 'stuff'... I think *that* is a blog for another day... maybe tomorrow. ;)

Tonight?  A warm blanket, a purring cat and an early bed time are in order. And even though I am not in a 'war' with myself over this cold? I plan on 'loving' myself through this for as short a time as necessary for my body to feel better :).


Peace,
MaryKate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good perspective. I am always "loving my kids through" whatever annoying phase they are in, "loving my husband through" whatever tough thing is facing us. But I never thought to apply it to myself. You are right...we should "love ourselves" through everything (our failures, our small/big successes, our pet peeves, etc).

Thanks!

MaryKate said...

It's hard because we, especially as women, learn to 'love others through' and put 'kids and family first'. We don't learn to put ourselves first for much of our lives, some women don't really ever learn to put themselves first...