Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Night on the Town

27/100

A friend of mine is here visiting from Ohio. We have a big day planned tomorrow... so I am going to keep my blog post short tonight. Besides, I think I am all out of inspiration tonight - I used it up on last night's blog. *smile*

It was sort of a night of interesting insights. The first insight I had was when I picked up my friend at the Disk NW Ultimate Hat Tournament, I was the biggest person there. Odd feeling really... haven't felt so big since I visited Japan...everyone was super nice though and I'm excited that Mark's team got second place... yay!

While waiting to join some other friends for dinner, I bought a bunch of new bento boxes (10 I think!) and had two crazy realizations. The first was that $1.50 for bento boxes was AWESOME. The second realization was that some of the boxes looked WAY toooo big! ahahhah. This coming from the person who thought her original box was waaaay too small! So, yay me.

Another little moment I had tonight was when I joined up with my friends for comfort food from Hong Kong. It was delish and it was interesting to see that rice, meat, bok choy and a raw egg in a clay pot could be so delicious. Not my culture, but apparently comfort food is comfort food is comfort food.

My friend wants to go to Mass tomorrow. I can't say I'm excited, not because it is mass but because it is mass at 8am in the morning. Ugh. The plan is Deception Pass, wandering around Whidbey Island and ferry ride home. Easy peasy day. Any suggestions on where I should take him?

Peace,

MaryKate

No comments: