Friday, September 24, 2010

Now, the hard stuff...

39/100

This is always the hard part. I've been doing something for a while, and I've lost interest in it. I don't want to blog tonight, I want to sleep. I don't want to exercise I want to chill out.

I lose interest in things. I have a hard time staying excited and wanting to continue. I've reached that point. And even though my goal is to push through this feeling and make it for my whole 100 days. Tonight? It's hard. Because I have a caffeine withdraw headache. Because for whatever reason I am super tired. 

So I'm not quitting. I'm not even giving up. I am recognizing that I have reached that 'plateau' I always reach and instead of my typical 'rush off to find something new' pattern, I'm sticking out my original goal. I'm working through the 'boring' -  I'm working through the 'uncomfortable'. I'm moving forward. I'm planning on adding some new exercise this weekend, and that is hard. I won't lie I like 'easy' a lot better, but I'm 'in' this time. I'm in for the 100 days. My guess is that I am in for the rest of my life, but for now? I'm committed to 100 days.

I look at the 61 more blogs ahead of me and wonder 'what in the hell was I thinking'... 

At least my entries might get a little shorter!

:)


So, tonight I recognize that I am in the hardest part of making change. The part where I just want to quit and start over again. Find some new fad thing that's all glamorous and shiny.


I'm not quitting. I'm sticking around. I'm not giving up. I'm not changing course midstream.

And now? I am going to go to sleep. Because this headache is splitting my skull open and my brains are about to leak out onto the floor. Luckily, in the morning I can make myself a cup of coffee. Hey, this blog is about having coffee issues. I have *one* cup a day. I can quit any time. I *can*! I am just choosing not to. *laughter*

Peace,

MaryKate


No comments: